Executive Certificate in
LEADING ONLINE COLLABORATION
A 100 % online leadership development program, that is personal and interactive!
The Leading Online Collaboration (LOC) is a program which will increase your ability to lead, work and network online. In particular, the program will give you stronger skills to lead teams of people coming together online from all over the world.
During a 7-week period you will collaborate and learn online every Tuesday for 2 hours together with other leaders from around the globe. During the online sessions you will also meet international experts who will share their learnings and thoughts on the program. All sessions will be led and moderated by IME. This is not a webinar!
is a danish business psychologist, learning designer and senior management consultant at IME and Henley Business School, Denmark. Lars combines both empathy and human insight with a flair for design, technology and games. He’s developed numerous dialogue tools, simulations and programs for leadership development and large scale organizational change interventions. He has worked extensively with senior management team development using active learning. Lars himself leads an online team developing software for facilitating difficult conversations.
Annelie Nässen is Executive VP of Global Sales & Marketing and member of the Group Board at SAS, a company with global reach being the largest airline in Scandinavia. Executive leadership is not easy in an industry as competitive as the travel industry – an industry that was among the first to be hit by Internet innovations in transparency and pricing. Annelie was elected Manager of the Year by the industry in 2016. She brings 30 years of international experience with scandinavian leadership to our program.
Rufus Gifford is an American diplomat. He served as the United States Ambassador to Denmark from 2013 to 2017, and was the Finance Director for Barack Obama’s presidential re-election campaign in 2012. Prior to that, he served in various financial management capacities for Democratic candidates, including Barack Obama and John Kerry in their respective presidential campaigns.
On January 16, 2017, Gifford was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark for his meritorious service to the Kingdom of Denmark
Pernille Hippe Brun
Pernille Hippe Brun is a management consultant and executive coach. She lives and works both in Copenhagen and San Francisco and advises organizations and leaders globally. Pernille has designed MBA-programs on three continents. She is a pioneer in strength-based leadership and is co-author of the bestselling Handbook of Strengths Based Leadership together with management guru David Cooperrider.
The curriculum of the 7 weeks are as follows:
How to connect technically, personally and emotionally on an equal level. How to use collaborative software systems of the future. How to conduct yourself online. How to become a strong learning team and support each other during the program.
How to enter the learning zone as a leader and as a team: Taking roles and responsibilities, being accountable and meeting deadlines in order to learn and improve. How to always ask for feedback.
How to lead work in collaborative groups and teams across distance in space and time. Sharing and communicating with equality and openness. Creating trust, common language and common standards.
Setting direction and inspiring action by communicating and presenting leadership messages with authenticity and openness moving the focus away from the leader and onto the team.
Briefing and empowering others by setting few great goals, creating both autonomy and alignment in order to secure execution and accountability. Using authority to get results in the right manner to be able to maintain both trust and openness.
Assessing, de- and backbriefing the aims and effects of your efforts for performance and improvement. Assessing outcomes collaboratively through peer review. Adjusting goals and plans accordingly.
Putting it all together and achieving outstanding results. Planning for continuous improvement and ongoing learning. Exams.
In the Program you Learn through Involvement. This means:
- 100% Online and Social.
- We are developing, working with hands-on digital leadership methods.
- Case material is your own situation.
- You will join a dedicated Learning Team engaged in constant Collaboration and Feedback.
- We use an Active Learning Approach and Platform in a ‘Flipped Classroom’ style. This means reading and watching lectures is done on your own time. Meetings are reserved for practicing and discussing leadership together.
- You will be writing, blogging, recording and discussing content with 3 weekly deadlines.
- Each weekly live meeting is joined by a world class expert in a related field for an informal Dialogue.
- The Program Examination is by Peer Assessment
Please observe the following practical aspects of the Program:
- Duration is 7 weeks
- There are 7 online sessions of 2 hours each. These are fixed at each Tuesday, 12:00 am – 14:00 pm (London Time)
- Between sessions you should plan for online discussions and work of about 2 hours/week. These you can do as it suits your own schedule
- You are expected to practise and share what you learn in your own management
- This totals 14 hours face-time with the instructor and team and 14 hours of online work
Price 2.000 USD incl. VAT
Qualifying for the Program
- Be willing to participate actively, be recorded on video and share your knowledge, challenges and performance with the course participants
- Be a manager with staff reporting directly to you
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Have a modern and updated smartphone and computer with a webcam and the Chrome browser installed
- Use a headset with microphone
- Have a good Internet connection